Tuesday, March 21, 2006

 

Return from our vacation

Hi everyone! Eli and I just got back from our trip to Inchope, which was a really good time! I have to say, Peace Corps treats you really well (and I´m not just saying that because Peace Corps also likes to read our blogs, hi dave!), we were staying in a nice hotel in Beira, got rides in the Peace Corps land cruiser, had snacks and good meals, and had AC at night.
We spent most of the time planning for fun stuff like the boys conference, which I´ll be doing in late april- more on that later, and a science fair that I want to start here. Also, Eli is working on a girls conference and she joined the volunteer advisory commitee.
While we were at the meeting, which was at a kind of tourist complex, one of the volunteers got bit by a baboon! It was a little bite, and luckily the peace corps doctors were also there (giving us the flu vaccine as it turns out, and warning us about bird flu). The complex keeps monkeys in cages, and one got loose. These same monkeys were splashing dirty water on people from inside the cage, so they were all around unpleasant.

Eli and I just got the keys to our new apartment, although we won´t be moving in for a week. They´re still cleaning it a little, and making some minor repairs. They´ve made a lot of progress, but I think Eli and I are going to have to take some matters into our own hands to get the place up to snuff.

More when more exciting things happen. I just want to say that we got several packages during the conference and it felt like christmas (in fact, some were from christmas!) Thanks for the books, food, calendars, contacts, and everything. We greatly appreciate it all. Até logo.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?