Wednesday, May 10, 2006

 

Trading Spaces

Today Eli and I traded spaces, or rather, I went and taught her classes and she stayed at home watching tv and eating spanish tortilla (which I cooked) and drinking tea. Its funny how hard words like departure and schedule can be to pronounce.

The school just changed our class schedules. I´m not sure why. But lets do a comparison between the old and new schedules. Old Schedule: Fridays off. New Schedule: 1 class Friday morning at 6:45am. Old Schedule: all of my classes in a row. New Schedule: first two tempos, then the last 2 tempos, with 2 empty periods in the middle. Eli also got her schedule shuffled around, and I think she´s not super thrilled with it either. Hopefully we can switch again next trimester.

Our science fair is slowly getting organized- I think the school as a whole is having trouble grasping the idea, but today I had a student come up and ask me for help with his project(!). Unfortunately, as I was going to teach Eli´s classes, I will have to talk to him about it tomorrow. Also, we´re starting a mural club, to paint he walls of the school. This is the ´microproject´that my students learned about during the boys conference. My counterpart and I are doing a lot of work to make sure it gets started, but from there the kids should be running it. I´m sending in our proposal today, hopefully we´ll recieve about 8 million. (about $320). I´m excited to start painting some murals!

I was surpised to show up at basketball the other day and see that we had a bunch of baskeballs (normally we have just one). Then I was surprised when we started stretching as a group. But I was really surprised when we started drills. So while we´re not an ´official´team, we´re trying as hard as we can be to be one! We even have a game against Pemba this saturday! Someone told me that, and I was like, ´ah, you´re playing pemba on saturday,´ He responded, ´No, we´re playing pemba on saturday,´which was nice. Except that during our first practice I slipped on the court and hurt my wrist :-( So I probobly will just be in the cheering section for the first game.

Walking home from Eli´s classes today I had a number of students tell me what a good teacher she is, and how much they are learning with her. A bunch of other students told me they hoped she feels better soon, or said they would stop by to wish her well. It was pretty nice to hear all their coments about her.

In computer news: not much is new, but the librarian is now addicted to hearts. It´s a start.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?