Friday, June 02, 2006

 

Mmm Chamosas

Today we learned (or our empragada did) how to make chamosas, a fried triangle of dough filled with meat and potatoes. It almost reminds me of a michigan pasty, only smaller and with a different shape. Since we´ve finished our box of Snickers (which is very distressing) this may be just what we need to fill the snack gap.

The science fair that I´m organizing along with my ped director is two weeks from today! We posted a list of all the people who have turned in their proposals for experiments, and the list numbers 38 people!! And I know that some of my biology students aren´t on the list. However, I think that many of the people who said they were interested probobly will not come through. But still, it´s exciting! I´ve also been talking to some of the local business people and 2 different restaurants have donated certificates to us for prizes, so thats nice! Hopefully it goes well.

Today I am using the internet in another place in Nacala (a school in the cidade alta, about 15 min. away from our house), but unfortunately it can´t seem to open our email and often can´t load web pages, although it´s half the price of our usual internet connection. We´ll see how it works out.

The only other news is that I´m trying to give computer lessons at school, but the word has gotten out and I´ve got a 2 page waiting list of students who want to learn! It´s a little out of control because I really am not good at teaching people how to use the computer in Portuguese (nobody has ANY idea about anything! Using the mouse, keyboard, you name it is new!) is a challenge. I´ll be working on it though.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?