Saturday, June 10, 2006

 

They don't do bank cards on Saturday

so I will go another month without an ATM card, and while my account is full of money Eli's account is empty, because thats the one we always use. And since my monthly trip to Nampula, 150 miles from Nacala, happens to be on a Saturday, I can't get a new ATM card to access my money. Luckily I have just enough on me to get back to Nacala. And buy a 1KG bag of peanuts. And buy a book on the street. But I can't buy anymore today, really.

Besides the frusterating bank situation- they're less than helpfull most of the time- things are going well. Next friday is our science fair, which I'm hoping goes well, but right now it's anybodies guess as to whats going to happen. We have a huge number of students who said they were doing projects (like 40) but we'll see who shows up!

Also, we just got a grant from the boys conference to buy materials to paint murals at school. So I came into Nampula today with one of the students to buy paint and things. Hopefully in a week or two they can start doing some murals! We'll see how it all goes, we only managed to buy red, yellow, green blue and brown paints today (to mix with the white base paint), so we don't have black and our range of colors isn't huge. Still, it's a start.

Eli and I will be celebrating our 1 year anniversary on the 12th!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?