Wednesday, September 06, 2006

 

Where in the world is Nacala?


























1) The city of Nacala (we live in the downtown area near the port, the area all around is neighborhoods- its a big city! 2)The Bay of Nacala from above (Nacala is onthe lower right side of the bay). The pix come from google earth, which give good quality shots of downtown Nacala, but don't even give a good one of my house in Michigan!

Funny story, our Macua teacher (who happens to be an 11th grade student at night school- he's 22 though and has a kid) was taking a french exam a few days ago. A big part of the test was reading comprehension. The story he had to read was written by his teacher, and it was about Eli and me! He told everyone sitting near him that he knew the people from the story on the test, but he said nobody believed it. The french teacher is from the congo and lives in the apartment right below ours.

Right after my birthday we received something like 3 packages in the mail, I got 3 birthday cards and 4 postcards (all at the same time! I think the post office saves things up to make delivery easier). Anyways, Eli took a brownie that my parents had sent us, filled it up with candles, and gave me a real birthday party. Well, close enough- I got 1 refrain of Happy Birthday, but even the cat ran out of the room, so she cut it short. I got a bottle of green food coloring (I'm getting a green MSU cake sometime in the near future) and a birding magazine. Now though, I have to think of something to do for Eli's birthday which is less than 2 weeks away!

If you have ideas please help me out- right now I'm just planning on sharing my green cake.

-paul

Comments:
Sounds like you had a good birthday Paul-o. Good luck with thinking for something for Eli. That kind o thing is difficult difficult... Nacala looks nice.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?