Thursday, May 31, 2007

 

novidades

Sometimes Eli and I sit around and talk about things that we miss from home. Like big screen movies and popcorn. Oh wait, we have those here J Our missionary friends have a projector which they use every Saturday as a home theater system. I guess that after moving to our new house we can’t really complain about roughing it anymore (although our gas tank did run out last weekend and we had to take bucket baths again for a while, it was hard, trust me).

This weekend we have a professional photographer coming up from Quelimane to do a session with our JOMA group. It should be pretty exciting, hopefully he will have a really strong impact on the quality of the kids’ pictures. His main focus will be putting meaning into pictures- sometimes I feel that the students interpret all of their photos too literally.
Next Sunday is ‘Ile Day’, celebrating the founding of Ile, so it should be an interesting holiday. We already have our Ile Day t-shirts (for sale in the street). Whether or not people will be recovered enough to work or teach on Monday is anyone’s guess. Also Friday is ‘Children’s Day’, although our students aren’t technically considered children anymore (cheers to Saioa though) they all want the day off- there should be classes but you never know.

Take care everyone.

Comments:
Hey guys!!

I'm glad to hear that you're doing well in your new apartment (it looks really nice!). I still can't believe how many different things you have going on--the conferences, photography club, basketball, English club--all while teaching so many different classes!! How do you do it all!?!

We only have one week left of the school year--final exams are Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. The end cannot come soon enough! The weekend after that, I'm moving back to my parents' house. I was offered a teaching position last Friday about 20 minutes from there, and I signed the contract today--I'm really excited about starting something new, even if it won't last forever. I'll have to let you know more about it later, and I'll have to send you my new contact info for when you return to the US (I have all of your DVDs!) Take care and keep the posts coming! --Sarah
 
Yeah, your life is hard, isn't it? Big-screen movies, hot showers, running water,...bet you wish you were back in Nacala! Glad everything is going well. Love, Mommy
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?